Center for Online Leadership
UPCEA created the Center for Online Leadership (COL) to provide leadership during this moment of profound transformation. As the founding director of the Center, I am dedicated to helping member institutions leverage online education as a critical strategic asset, and to serving as a trusted resource for professional administrators charged with building and sustaining successful programs.
The mission of the Center is unique. While professional development opportunities and other resources for faculty and course designers are plentiful, there has been little attention given to managing the complicated enterprise of online education. The Center for Online Leadership is focused on the factors that are crucial to successful online initiatives: leadership, strategy, financial models, marketing and program development, student services, and effective partnerships.
The Center most directly serves vice provosts and directors of distance/online education, deans of professional and continuing education with significant responsibilities for leading online initiatives, and the professional staff of online units. The following Center services are included in UPCEA membership:
- Free attendance at the Online Leadership Roundtable, designed for senior administrators charged with managing online learning (free for one member of each institution)
- Second Opinion, a free service open to all members, where I provide rapid responses for members seeking advice.
- Monday Briefing, a biweekly insider's guide to cutting edge or breaking news in the field of online education designed to position members as thought leaders on their campuses.
- Onsite Consulting (fee-based services include review and recommendations on online infrastructure, strategy, programs, and services; and highly customized workshops).
Join us for these exciting activities. Feel free to explore the services we can provide to you, your administration, your faculty and staff.
UPCEA Center for Online Leadership
Please contact me if you have any questions:
“Ray has been a valued colleague, trusted mentor and in-dispensable resource for those committed to quality online education. There are a select few individuals who could bring the vision of the Center for Online Leadership to fruition. UPCEA is very wise to have chosen Ray Schroeder as the founding director.”
- Mary Niemiec, Associate Vice President for Distance Education, Director, University of Nebraska Online Worldwide