UPCEA Excellence in Teaching Award
The nominated individual must have been employed by and contributed to the instruction of a professional, continuing, and/or online education program of a current UPCEA member institution.
The recipient of this award must be able to be present at the UPCEA awards ceremony held at the 2016 UPCEA Annual Conference in San Diego, CA.. It is expected that the nominating institution will cover travel expenses for the award recipient; however, the registration fee to attend UPCEA's Annual Conference will be waived for the award recipient.
Nomination form must be submitted by a professional member of a UPCEA institution.
Narrative statement of not more than three pages, listing specific reasons why the nominee is worthy of this award. Evidence of outstanding achievements may include, but is not necessarily limited to:
- Brief history indicating the nominee's long-term commitment and contribution to the institution's professional, continuing, and/or online education program
- Specific courses or programs the nominee has developed, coordinated, and/or taught
- Audiences served by this individual
- Effectiveness in teaching and mentoring of students
- Ability to meet student learning objectives
- How the work of this individual has brought credit or recognition to the institution, profession, or community
- Other awards received by this individual, including recognition by the institution
- Any national, regional, state, or local leadership achievements of the nominee (include offices held, committee assignments, etc.)
Summary of student evaluations
Solicit three to five recommendations from colleagues (including but not limited to academic partners or those in business and industry) who can attest to the nominee's qualifications.