UPCEA is the leading association for professional, continuing, and online education. Founded in 1915, UPCEA now serves more than 400 institutions, including most of the leading public and private colleges and universities in North America. For 100 years, the association has served its members with innovative conferences and specialty seminars, research and benchmarking information, professional networking opportunities and timely publications. Based in Washington, D.C., UPCEA also builds greater awareness of the vital link between contemporary learners and public policy issues.
UPCEA advances leadership in professional, continuing, and online education by:
- Enhancing the ability of higher education institutions to provide high quality, continuing and online education programs by promoting standards of good practice in higher education.
- Furthering public awareness about the role of professional, continuing, and online education in the public policy arena.
- Collecting data on administrative practices, such as management, marketing, and program development.
- Sharing scholarship through its professional publication, UPCEA Review, and sharing news about colleagues and program trends through its bi-weekly e-newsletter, the UPCEA Briefing; and studies, consulting, and benchmarking provided by the Center for Research and Marketing Strategy as well as the Center for Online Leadership.
- Promoting excellence through an awards program that recognizes outstanding continuing higher education leadership, educational programs, student services, college and university administrators and faculty, and continuing education students.
- Partnering with industry leaders that have demonstrated their support for professional, continuing, and online higher education and the mission of UPCEA